A single indoor cycling class burns calories better than most any other exercise… in 45 minutes you can burn up to 600 calories, but we’ll make you work for every single one of them and that can be a little intimidating if you have never done a cycling class with us before. However, you will feel great knowing you gave it your all..
Plus, when you attend routinely, your body will transform. We are already seeing the results and many of our members are also reporting that they are sleeping better as well!!
So Fear Not we are here for you with a few tips for your first ride!!
1. FUEL YOUR RIDE: Never cycle on a totally empty stomach. Eat at least an hour or so before your ride. If you are in a pinch, some fruit like a banana is an option, but really you want some complex carbohydrates and protein prior to and after your ride.
2. Come hydrated and BRING WATER. You will absolutely need water while you are riding here at VeloFit… you will sweat.
3. Wear Something Comfortable… not something too loose (ie. track pants) as it may interfere with the bike. Headbands are a good idea … not sure if we mentioned it but you will sweat and this will keep the sweat out of your eyes.
4. Focus on YOUR ride… you will ride at your PLE (perceived level of exertion) and that will change as you become more fit and a better rider. Focus on the instructor and his/her queue’s, refraining from comparing yourself to the person next to you. Fitness is about getting strong and challenging yourself, everyone is at a different point in their journey.
5. Ride Again! It is completely normal to feel some discomfort or soreness after your first few rides. Your muscles will adapt and your form will get better. You will soon see yourself getting stronger, fitter and becoming a better rider which will motivate you to keep coming back for more!
6. Lastly, (AND MOST IMPORTANTLY) remember every single one of us was “new”. Every single one of us walked in and tried indoor cycling for the first time. Every single one of us was uncertain, had no knowledge of the bike or how we would feel, or if we could even make it through a class… but we all did and you will too.
We are here to help you through your first day, so you can have an awesome workout and feel great about yourself. We welcome you to try us out and meet our awesome supportive members/family.